Monday, October 31, 2005

Tough Business....

By: gt500_oh
27 Oct 2005, 05:48 PM EDT
Msg. 32767 of 32808
(This msg. is a reply to 32751 by rothpennyking1.)

I just got to my hotel and have been busy all day.

Wow!

I am not an expert in the oil field but I did work in the chemical and petrochemical area for a decade. Some of my colleagues had tenures with companies like Haliburton and Slumberger.

At first glance what I do know about this business is that is is dominated by local mom and pop shops that make a meager existence squeezing the last drops out of claims that are now too small for the big boys to mess with....The lift costs are significantly higher than the world average of $11/ barrel. The "bonus" is that the oil quality is low and typically expensive separation equipment (a former area of expertise of mine) and chemicals are required to break water emulsions (not a good thing).

Definitely not for the faint of heart....

--Never a dull moment--

(Voluntary Disclosure: Position- Long)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home